The general thinking out there is that if you are going to list your home for sale, the best time to sell is in the spring. While this may hold some truth, I always advise my clients that in fact January/February is usually an even better time to list your home!
So far in 2016, the brisk sales activity in the Cloverdale, Clayton, Langley & South Surrey areas is proving this year could be one of the best ever to get a jump on your listing competition!
Here are 5 reasons to sell your home early in the year:
1. Serious Buyers: People who are looking to buy a home in January/February are serious about finding their new home! Lots of these buyers are people that sold their house in the fall and still haven’t found a house to buy. The people who are looking are ready and wanting to buy, and they're not messing around.
2. Low Supply: As most people wait until spring to list their home, there are typically fewer homes for buyers to look at early in the year. This low supply of listings means there's less competition for the attention of those buyers! Fast forward to the spring, and the supply of homes goes up. More inventory can mean more competition, longer days on market and potentially less money for your home.
3. Buyers are Buying: One look at MLS sales in the past 30 days and it becomes obvious…tons of buyers are out there and they need homes to buy! As amazing as this sounds, of the 116 sales in the past 30 days, 49 of these homes sold for full or more than asking price! (Cloverdale, Langley, South Surrey/White Rock MLS areas)
4. Move in the Spring: You can sell your home now, but still not have to worry about moving for at least a few months, well into the spring when the selection of new listings to buy will be greater. You can even negotiate a longer closing period or an extended use and occupancy.
5. You’ll be Ready to Buy this Spring: If want to buy a home this spring, selling now gives you the chance to be a non-contingent buyer when you're ready to purchase. This is ideal. Since the spring time will bring lots of new listings for you to choose from, you are now ready and set up as a "great buyer" who can compete with anyone, without a house sale contingency!
Are you thinking of selling your home? We’d love to help! Give us a call or email today!